SVKS Graduation Requirements
- Once a student completes the Spring semester of their final year (High School Class, Seoul Jr. High 2 class), they must complete the following to receive a graduation certificate or a certificate of completion.
- In order to graduate from SVKS, a student must have attended the school for more than 3 consecutive years until graduation year. If the student attended SVKS for less than 3 years, they will receive a certificate of completion.
- In order to graduate from SVKS or complete the course of SVKS, the student must complete the following.
- Turn in an Essay on the form provided by the school by the end of April.
- Complete the Graduation Project.
- Not be absent over 10 times a year. Three tardies or early sign out will be counted as one day of absence towards certification.
- The graduating students who have attended SVKS for over 9 years will be awarded the King Sejong Award and the scholarship.
- If a student applies to be a SVKS volunteer after they complete or graduate from SVKS, they will be given priority acceptance. If they continue to volunteer throughout their senior year of high school, they will receive 100 additional service hours.
Choose 4 or more activities from the following list. (*Project activities may vary every year.)
1) New Year’s Festival
- Online booth hosting or school booth support.
2) Book partners (Class full activity)
- Read a Korean book to a “little friend” assigned in pre-kinder or kindergarten.→ Breakout Room
- twice a year
3) Senior Class Special Lecture (Class Full Activity)
- Meeting with SVKS Graduates
- Invite 5-6 graduates to interview and submit their reviews as a group.
- scheduled for December
4) Drawing Korean paintings (Class full activity)
- Submit the finished product after taking the theory and practical course on Korean painting.
- scheduled for October
5) K-Video (Group Activity)
- Produce a video to upload on the Korean school website or Facebook page
- About three to five minutes of Korean culture, history, or Korean school.
- A group project of up to four people is possible.
6) K-movie (individual activities)
- Watch a Korean movie and submit a report.
- A movie is designated by a teacher